This is my third post on the series on Living a #GreatLife. You can click here to check the previous posts. Lest I forget, I concluded my last post by itemizing some action plan to help you live a great life. I believe you have your action plan already. Kindly go back to the post for a guide to a workable action plan to enjoy a great life.
Once upon a time, a blind man was brought to a great leader who went about doing good and healing those who need it. He like previous times attempted to heal this man. After the healing process, He asked him what he could see. The man replied and said ‘I see humans like walking trees’. This is important for a great life. What you can see is very important for a great life. What can you see? Do you see humans like walking trees or you see humans as humans?
This is a matter of perspective in which two persons can see the same thing differently and that is the beauty of being humans- highly intelligent beings. As good as this may be, this is what differentiates greatness and mediocrity. The perspective in which you see things determines if you will be great or not. Greatness is about seeing things in the right and positive perspective.
There was a story of a man who was posted to a village. When he got there, it was said he was the only one with shoes. Every other person walks barefooted and he, therefore, requested to be posted out of the village. Another person was sent to the same village with the same people who walk barefooted. He did not see the people like the other man but rather he saw an opportunity to solve the problem of the people. He requested for shoes for the people. In the long run, he solved the villagers’ problem and likewise made money. Money comes to a problem solver. People are ready to exchange money for value. What do you think differentiated the two persons above? Of course, it is the perspective in which they saw things. You got to have a good and positive perspective to earn greatness. Do you want a great life? Then have a good perspective about life and whatsoever situation you find yourself.
It is quite unfortunate that this attitude has to be learnt- it is not a default. Learning such attitude takes a deliberate act. You have to be intentional about this. Greatness comes to those who are intentional. Greatness is not a coincidence.
a) What is your perspective about your life and what the future holds?
b) Do you think it is the best of perspectives?
c) Put on a different lens and look again.
d) Write down how you can be of value to yourself and to the people around you right in your present state. Kindly don’t wait for a future state because it may not come if you don’t use your present resources
e) Put down a workable plan with a timeframe to harness the opportunities to greatness you have highlighted above.
I will love to be part of your story of greatness. Feel free to share your progress with me.
Click here to see my previous post as I have decided to write on this subject for a span of time.
Will you love to know me, then click here to know a little about me. Of course, I will love to know more about you and likewise, I will love to relate with you. Kindly give me a chance by subscribing to my blog post- click here or copy this https://toyinobafemi.com.ng/subscribe to your browser to subscribe. Become my friend on Facebook; follow me on twitter. Check out some of my books on Smashwords, Amazon or at your favourite book platform. I look forward to having great moments with you. Don’t hesitate to share this post or to drop a comment. Feel free to shoot me a mail toyin[at]toyinobafemi.com.ng.
Harnessing quality thoughts for a better life and impact
Posts by category
- Category: General
- Get in control
- Do you know that there is something that is stronger than death? Take a guess on what this is.
- Don’t Give Your Life To Chance.
- Destiny exists. True or false?
- Why Do You Need a Website?
- You Have Waited Enough. You’ve Got To Start Now!
- Have you heard of Grammarly?
- Principles of Prosperity from The Parable of the Talents (Part 2)
- The Principles of Prosperity from The Parable of the Talents (Part 1)
- In This Past 3 Months, I Have Failed And I Have Succeeded
- How to Create and Sustain Wealth
- Understanding Money
- How To Break Bad Habits
- Learn How To Live Above Circumstances And How To Be In Control
- How to form good habits
- Habit, we form habit and later the habit forms us
- Category: Great Life
- What is the way forward?
- Life is too short for you not to love what you do…
- Have you contemplated giving up in the past or maybe even recently?
- Here I am again! I need to remind you that it is the end of February and I wouldn’t know how far you have gone with your goals this year
- You are a story writer. Yes, you are
- Is faith just about religion? Is faith important in living a great life?
- I see humans like walking trees- perspective
- Everyone can live a great life. Yes, everyone
- You deserve a great life. Yes, you do!
- Category: Publishing and Earning
- Category: Writing
- Category: Writing and Publishing